Radio Operator Certificate
Radio Operator Certificate requirements
Radio operators provide communication and coordination support to lifesaving services and external emergency services agencies.
- Use communication systems and equipment in a lifesaving environment
- Transmit and receive communications in a lifesaving environment
- Maintain communications equipment in a lifesaving environment.
The Radio Operators Certificate provides participants with the skills and knowledge to operate communications systems and equipment in surf lifesaving operations.
What qualifications or prerequisites do I need?
- Qualifications - no specific qualifications
- Prerequisites - no prerequisites
- Other important requirements - SLSA Award entry requirements (other than age) UOC prerequisites If you believe you already possess some or all of the skills and knowledge of this award, or who have received one or more of the related units of competency, you may wish to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer. You must be at least 13 years of age on the date of the final assessment.
Important: If you don't hold a Bronze Medallion or Surf Rescue Certificate you will need to also complete the Observers Award. This is generally offered as part of the Radio Course if required.
Each course schedule can vary depending on trainer and facility availability. Specific schedules will be issued for each course.
Latest from our SLSC Blog
Back to Coolum Day!
All members past & present are invited to come together for our annual “Back to Coolum" on Saturday 9th October commencing at 3.00pm in the Members Common Room. The event is a chance to reminisce over a quiet ale or two about the good old days and reflect on how far we have come. Please click ...
Come & Try Day Success!
Once again, a great turn out for the Coolum Boaties at the Come & Try Day last Sunday 5th Sept. Our boaties attended the wonderful OzSki Resort as the surf was just too big on the day. If you are interested in joining our boaties crew, please submit your interest to our Surf Boat Coach (Dave To...
Sponsors Welcome to Season
Last Friday night we hosted a Welcome to Season event for our Sponsors in our members area. The event was an opportunity to talk to our sponsors about the highlights of season 20-21 and provide an update of the priorities for our 103rd season – as well as to say a sincer thanks for their support....