Coolum Beach SLSC
Inflatable Rescue Boat Crew Certificate
The Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) Crewperson course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively crew an Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) in surf rescue operations.
What qualifications or prerequisites do I need?
- Qualifications - no specific qualifications
- Prerequisites - Bronze Medallion
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
Crew an IRB
- List the different classes of IRB
- Identify the components of an IRB and ancillary equipment
- Contribute to the safe and efficient launching of an IRB
- Demonstrate safe crewing positions while negotiating the surf
- Perform emergency procedures
- Observation, hazards, and risks are identified and clearly communicated to the driver
Maintain an IRB
- Perform pre-operational checks and preventative maintenance of the IRB hull
- Perform post-operational maintenance of the IRB hull
- Report major wear or damage according to organisation procedures
- Perform conscious and unconscious casualty pick-ups
- Perform complex rescues including swimming rescues, sailboarder, and kite surfer rescues.
Each course schedule can vary depending on trainer and facility availability. Specific schedules will be issued for each course.
Interested in a training course at Coolum Beach SLSC?
Complete the following form to register your interest in the next course/s.
Latest from our SLSC Blog
Back to Coolum Day!
All members past & present are invited to come together for our annual “Back to Coolum" on Saturday 9th October commencing at 3.00pm in the Members Common Room. The event is a chance to reminisce over a quiet ale or two about the good old days and reflect on how far we have come. Please click ...
Come & Try Day Success!
Once again, a great turn out for the Coolum Boaties at the Come & Try Day last Sunday 5th Sept. Our boaties attended the wonderful OzSki Resort as the surf was just too big on the day. If you are interested in joining our boaties crew, please submit your interest to our Surf Boat Coach (Dave To...
Sponsors Welcome to Season
Last Friday night we hosted a Welcome to Season event for our Sponsors in our members area. The event was an opportunity to talk to our sponsors about the highlights of season 20-21 and provide an update of the priorities for our 103rd season – as well as to say a sincer thanks for their support....