First Aid Certificate
First Aid Certificate requirements
Every patrol or sports event requires first aid officers who are able to administer basic assistance in the event of an emergency.
The First Aid course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to manage emergency first aid situations until professional medical support is available.
What qualifications or prerequisites do I need?
- Qualifications - no specific qualifications
- Prerequisites - no prerequisites
- Other important requirements -
- You must be at least 10 years of age to complete the entry-level SLSA First Aid Certificate, unless your state /territory requires a higher age.
- You must be at least 15 years of age to complete the SLSA Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate, SLSA Spinal Management Certificate, SLSA Silver Medallion Advanced First Aid, unless your state /territory requires a higher age.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to complete the SLSA Pain Management Certificate unless your state /territory requires a higher age.
Support Coolum Surf Club
Not ready to become part of Coolum Surf Club but still want to help?
It takes a lot of money to run a surf lifesaving club; from the equipment needed on the beach (vehicles, boards, IRBs, first aid kits, defibrillators etc) to administration and training to facilitate patrolling.
So if you can't join us, support us through one of the following options.