Surf Rescue Certificate
The Surf Rescue Certificate provides participants with the skills and knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to be able to participate in lifesaving operations and act in the role of Water Safety Personnel.
What qualifications or prerequisites do I need?
- Qualifications - no specific qualifications
- Prerequisites - no prerequisites
- Other important requirements - You must be able to swim 200m in under 5 minutes in a pool of at least 25m in length or over a measured open water course, prior to undertaking any water training or assessment activities. If you believe you already possess some or all of the skills and knowledge of this award, or who have received one or more of the related units of competency, you may wish to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer. You must be at least 13 years of age on the date of the final assessment.
The SRC course is typically run over 6 weeks with one weeknight for theory and one day on the weekend for practical. However, each course schedule can vary depending on trainer availability, weather conditions, and facility availability. Specific schedules will be issued for each course.
- Surf awareness
- Rescue techniques (boards/rescue tubes)
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- First aid
- Radio operations
- Standard patrol practices
- Improve fitness.
Support Coolum Surf Club
Not ready to become part of Coolum Surf Club but still want to help?
It takes a lot of money to run a surf lifesaving club; from the equipment needed on the beach (vehicles, boards, IRBs, first aid kits, defibrillators etc) to administration and training to facilitate patrolling.
So if you can't join us, support us through one of the following options.