Expression of Interest: Two part-time Coaching Directors
Published: December 13, 2021
Coolum Beach SLSC is seeking expressions of interest for the provision of Surf Sports coaching services for season 21-22. The club is looking to appoint two part-time Coaching Directors as follows
Coaching Director - Surf Boats
- To develop and drive the Surf Boat section
- Will include coaching of surf boat crews as well as coaching of future surf boat sweeps
- The successful person will provide competition and training sweep services
- The role will work closely with all sections of the club to lift the profile of surf boats
- Progress recruitment of new surf boat crews both within our outside of the club
Coaching Director - Swim, Board and Ski
- To work with the section leads to lift the profile and participation levels in these areas
- Will provide coaching services aimed at both general member skills improvement and competitors
- Progress recruitment of new competitor members both within and outside of the club
- This role will work across all levels of the club including Nippers, Youth, Open and Masters
- Surf Sports admin support in the area of carnival nominations and team selections
These roles are part of a broader focus to reinvigorate our club after nearly 18 months of COVID disruptions through the creation of opportunities for our members to reconnect with each other, with the club and the communities. A proactive surf sports program is one key part of this focus as it brings members together socially, improves life-saving skills and general fitness. This is about CBSLSC as our club for life. Content & competent patrolling members is our goal with competition competence a by-product. In addition the club is committed to driving a surf sports program which delivers improved diversity outcomes in the areas of female and youth participation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit your application which should include the following;
Your coaching qualifications, experience and track record in the relevant area
- An outline on your proposed coaching program to deliver on the needs of the club
- Details of how you would propose to work with the club to deliver the broader member objective outline below
- Remuneration expectations
Applications should be to our Surf Sports Officer (Greg Woodward) - firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than August 2nd 2021.
Support Coolum Surf Club
Not ready to become part of Coolum Surf Club but still want to help?
It takes a lot of money to run a surf lifesaving club; from the equipment needed on the beach (vehicles, boards, IRBs, first aid kits, defibrillators etc) to administration and training to facilitate patrolling.
So if you can't join us, support us through one of the following options.
Coolum Beach SLSC Nippers
Does your child want to become a Nipper?
Looking for a fun summer sport where your kids will learn essential surf safety skills, gain confidence in the ocean, and meet new friends?
Coolum Nippers is the answer! Nippers run from the September school holidays to February/March and is open to kids from 5 to 12 yrs.
Not only will they learn surf safety and what surf lifesaving is all about, but also have the opportunity to compete in carnivals and have mid-week training to improve their skills.
Latest from our SLSC Blog
Tugan - Navy Series (2021) Round 2
A short, yet eventful, day for our crews. After heading to the gold coast on Saturday, our U19 Women, U23 Women, Reserve Women and Open Men faced some tough conditions at Tugun Beach on Sunday. All crews got one race in before the open men had a rollover that resulted in our sweep, David, getting...
Covid Vaccination Requirements
Click here Covid Vaccination Requirements for a letter from Club President and Club Captain which details the SLSQ, Qld Health and clubs directions relating to COVID vaccination requirements.
Our new website is live!
We are excited to announce that our website has been upgraded. The major change is that there is now clearer separation between the information for the community and the members sections. This website upgrade was made possible with the assistance from a Sunshine Coast Council Minor Grant. We...