Expression of Interest: Two part-time Coaching Directors
Published: July 27, 2021
Coolum Beach SLSC is seeking expressions of interest for the provision of Surf Sports coaching services for season 21-22. The club is looking to appoint two part-time Coaching Directors as follows
Coaching Director - Surf Boats
- To develop and drive the Surf Boat section
- Will include coaching of surf boat crews as well as coaching of future surf boat sweeps
- The successful person will provide competition and training sweep services
- The role will work closely with all sections of the club to lift the profile of surf boats
- Progress recruitment of new surf boat crews both within our outside of the club
Coaching Director - Swim, Board and Ski
- To work with the section leads to lift the profile and participation levels in these areas
- Will provide coaching services aimed at both general member skills improvement and competitors
- Progress recruitment of new competitor members both within and outside of the club
- This role will work across all levels of the club including Nippers, Youth, Open and Masters
- Surf Sports admin support in the area of carnival nominations and team selections
These roles are part of a broader focus to reinvigorate our club after nearly 18 months of COVID disruptions through the creation of opportunities for our members to reconnect with each other, with the club and the communities. A proactive surf sports program is one key part of this focus as it brings members together socially, improves life-saving skills and general fitness. This is about CBSLSC as our club for life. Content & competent patrolling members is our goal with competition competence a by-product. In addition the club is committed to driving a surf sports program which delivers improved diversity outcomes in the areas of female and youth participation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit your application which should include the following;
Your coaching qualifications, experience and track record in the relevant area
- An outline on your proposed coaching program to deliver on the needs of the club
- Details of how you would propose to work with the club to deliver the broader member objective outline below
- Remuneration expectations
Applications should be to our Surf Sports Officer (Greg Woodward) - firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than August 2nd 2021.
Support Coolum Surf Club
Not ready to become part of Coolum Surf Club but still want to help?
It takes a lot of money to run a surf lifesaving club; from the equipment needed on the beach (vehicles, boards, IRBs, first aid kits, defibrillators etc) to administration and training to facilitate patrolling.
So if you can't join us, support us through one of the following options.
Coolum Beach SLSC Nippers
Does your child want to become a Nipper?
Looking for a fun summer sport where your kids will learn essential surf safety skills, gain confidence in the ocean, and meet new friends?
Coolum Nippers is the answer! Nippers run from the September school holidays to February/March and is open to kids from 5 to 12 yrs.
Not only will they learn surf safety and what surf lifesaving is all about, but also have the opportunity to compete in carnivals and have mid-week training to improve their skills.
Latest from our SLSC Blog
Back to Coolum Day!
All members past & present are invited to come together for our annual “Back to Coolum" on Saturday 9th October commencing at 3.00pm in the Members Common Room. The event is a chance to reminisce over a quiet ale or two about the good old days and reflect on how far we have come. Please click ...
Come & Try Day Success!
Once again, a great turn out for the Coolum Boaties at the Come & Try Day last Sunday 5th Sept. Our boaties attended the wonderful OzSki Resort as the surf was just too big on the day. If you are interested in joining our boaties crew, please submit your interest to our Surf Boat Coach (Dave To...
Sponsors Welcome to Season
Last Friday night we hosted a Welcome to Season event for our Sponsors in our members area. The event was an opportunity to talk to our sponsors about the highlights of season 20-21 and provide an update of the priorities for our 103rd season – as well as to say a sincer thanks for their support....