Coolum Beach SLSC Nippers
CYRMS Statement of Commitment
Coolum Beach SLSC is committed to safeguarding children and young people in our membership. We acknowledge that a child-safe organisation doesn’t just happen; it requires conscious effort to protect children and young people from harm.
Coolum Beach SLSC will work together to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all children participating in our community. We recognise that our staff, volunteers and members must understand the important responsibilities they each have in relation to child safety. Every person bound by this statement of commitment must always place the safety and welfare of children and young people above all other considerations.
Several measures will be used to achieve this such as:
- Prohibiting any form of abuse against children;
- Providing opportunities for our juniors to contribute to and provide feedback on our program development;
- Carefully selecting and screening people whose role requires them to have regular contact with children;
- Ensuring our code of conduct for people in positions of authority, is promoted and enforced particularly for roles associated with junior sport;
- Providing and promoting avenues for raising concerns or complaints; and
- Providing regular education and/or information to those involved in lifesaving on child abuse and child protection
- Ensuring safeguarding policy and procedures are communicated and understood by relevant staff and members.
The Coolum Beach SLSC requires that If anyone bound by this statement of commitment reasonably suspects that a child within our organisation, has been or is being abused report it immediately to the police or Department of Communities Child Safety and Disability Services, and the club’s nominated Grievance Officer’s Richard Barrie or Meg Nagle.
All allegations of child abuse will be dealt with promptly, seriously, sensitively and confidentially. A person will not be victimised for reporting an allegation of child abuse and the privacy of all persons concerned will be respected.
Together we commit to provide an environment where children feel safe, respected and valued.
As the President of Coolum Beach SLSC, I hereby sign this Statement of Commitment on 1st July 2021.
Coolum Beach SLSC
Support Coolum Surf Club
Not ready to become part of Coolum Surf Club but still want to help?
It takes a lot of money to run a surf lifesaving club; from the equipment needed on the beach (vehicles, boards, IRBs, first aid kits, defibrillators etc) to administration and training to facilitate patrolling.
So if you can't join us, support us through one of the following options.