Radio Operator Certificate requirements
Radio operators provide communication and coordination support to lifesaving services and external emergency services agencies.
- Use communication systems and equipment in a lifesaving environment
- Transmit and receive communications in a lifesaving environment
- Maintain communications equipment in a lifesaving environment.
The Radio Operators Certificate provides participants with the skills and knowledge to operate communications systems and equipment in surf lifesaving
What qualifications or prerequisites do I need?
- Qualifications - no specific qualifications
- Prerequisites - no prerequisites
- Other important requirements - SLSA Award entry requirements (other than age) UOC prerequisites If you believe you already
possess some or all of the skills and knowledge of this award, or who have received one or more of the related units of competency, you
may wish to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer. You must be at least 13 years of age on the date of the final
Each course schedule can vary depending on trainer and facility availability. Specific schedules will be issued for each course.
Interested in a training course at Coolum Beach SLSC?
Complete the following form to register your interest in the next course/s.