Inflatable Rescue Boat Crew Certificate
The Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) Crewperson course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively crew an Inflatable Rescue
Boat (IRB) in surf rescue operations.
What qualifications or prerequisites do I need?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Crew an IRB
- List the different classes of IRB
- Identify the components of an IRB and ancillary equipment
- Contribute to the safe and efficient launching of an IRB
- Demonstrate safe crewing positions while negotiating the surf
- Perform emergency procedures
- Observation, hazards, and risks are identified and clearly communicated to the driver
- Maintain an IRB
- Perform pre-operational checks and preventative maintenance of the IRB hull
- Perform post-operational maintenance of the IRB hull
- Report major wear or damage according to organisation procedures
- Perform conscious and unconscious casualty pick-ups
- Perform complex rescues including swimming rescues, sailboarder, and kite surfer rescues.
Each course schedule can vary depending on trainer and facility availability. Specific schedules will be issued for each course.
Interested in a training course at Coolum Beach SLSC?
Complete the following form to register your interest in the next course/s.