Jul 27, 2020
Coolum Club is working with the Coolum Swim Fit Pool and St Andrews Aquatic Centre to provide the most flexible and cost effective pool training programs for Club members in the 2020 – 2021 season.
Both of these pools have committed to flexible swimming times for Coolum Club Members. The Management Committee is working out a subsidy program that will cover up to two swims a week for club members. The details of the program are not finalised yet but hopefully will be in the near future.
As the pool swimming season is starting now next week the club members are encouraged to contact the pools to obtain swim times.Read More
Jul 24, 2020
With the COVID 19 situation still a real issue our focus is on opening areas needed to support our members get ready for the season. See below for
the current status;
• The club gym will be re-opened under COVID Safe protocols on July 27th
• Shared equipment (patrol boards and plastic skis) will be available for member use from July 25th under COVID Safe protocols
• The Meeting/Training Room can be used for approved meetings/training consistent with the COVID Safe protocols
CBSLSC Gym Re-Opening 27/7/20
They gym will be reopening from Monday 27th July with strict guidelines in place as part of the Club’s COVID safe plan.
1. Members must be financial for season 2020-21
2. Members are to book ALL gym sessions through clubhouse director Richard Barrie via firstname.lastname@example.org minimum 48 hours prior and receive confirmation before attending
3. A deposit of $25 for the new gym key can be paid via eftpos at supporters reception or over the phone with Carla
4. Members will then need to take a copy of the receipt to an induction session with Mick Sell on Monday 27/7/20 at 5:30pm or Wednesday 29/7/20 at 5:30pm. At this time the club key agreement will need to be signed and key will be issued.
At this stage, given the ongoing uncertainties and risks, the MC has agreed that all other areas remain closed until the season starts.
As things evolve the MC will review our position and respond accordingly.
Jul 15, 2020
Jul 09, 2020
Have had some feedback that people would prefer a bit more notice for the Acer Cameron event to allow them to practice their tricks and there is a preference for Sunday.
So the new date for the Acer Cameron is Sunday July 19th. Will be the same time – get there at 6.30 for registration and briefing with the competition commencing 7:00am sharp.Read More
Jul 08, 2020
This week we recognise the efforts of Mick Nagle who was a worthy winner of this years Sting Zillman award for contribution to surfsports. Mick has been a great champion of surf sports in the club and led the way with the clubs resurgence at the Coolangatta Gold over the last few years. He also spends countless hours coaching and mentoring the younger members of the club, most recently in his role as Nipper Chair last season. A great competitor in his right, Mick can be found most weekends in the ocean passing on his skills to the younger members. Read More
Jul 07, 2020
After a delay due to the COVID 19 situation the long awaited 2020 Acer Cameron Board Riding session is on this Saturday, July 11th at 6:30am for a 7:00am session commencement. Read More
Jul 02, 2020
In yet another first for the club in the first year of our new century due to the COVID Safe protocols the normal presentation dinner was replaced by an awards video sent to all members. The awards recognise those members who went above and beyond in season 2019/20.
Fred Stokes was a deserving winner of the main award (the Dave Cush Meritorious Service Award). With 15 years service under his belt, including trainer, Club Vice Captain, Club Captain and President, Fred well and truly met the criteria of meritorious service over a long period. The other major award winners were Mick Nagle (the Sting Zillman award for services to surf sports), Anthony Waring (the Dick Lugge Patrol Person of the Year) and Shane MacKenzie (the Michael Rutledge award for surf boat excellence). Griff Willey won the overall honours for the Kennedy Cup Handicap swim series for the third year in a row and Chris Smithies was recognised for his IRB service.
Congratulations to all award winners and, as club President Ian Norman said in the video, thanks to every member for a great season despite the challenges.Read More
Jul 01, 2020