Last week the Coolum Beach Surf Sports team headed south to the Australian Lifesaving Championships held at Broadbeach SLSC on the Gold Coast. There were some fantastic results in both individual and team events. Every day of the 10 days of competition saw challenging weather & surf conditions with all members stepping up to tackle head on!
A special mention to Bruce D who for the fifth year retained his national longboard riding title in succession and also took out Gold in the short board riding. Also the Coolum Bin Chickens made the final of the hotly contested Reserve Grade placing 4th.
The Aussies finished off with the re-birth of the Coolum Beach SLSC March Past team who did a fantastic job in their first competition.
Thanks to all the family and friends who came along to support our competitors. Thanks to IRB water safety crew of Ben C & Reis D, we couldn't have done it without you. Also big thanks from the admin team, Emma R & Mark D (Smiley) for getting all our members nominated & ready for the competition.
A big congratulations to all competitors who represented the club in our Centenary cap with pride. Results of competitors in the top 6 who earned points for the Club are below:
- • Gold Medal 60-69 years Male short board riding - Bruce D
- • Gold Medal 60-69 years Male Malibu long board riding - Bruce D
- • Silver Medal under 15 Male short board riding – Finn W
- • TEAM - Silver Medal 40-44 years Female Board Rescue - Heidi D and Jodie W
- • Silver Medal 45-49 years Female 2km Beach Run – Jodie W
- • Silver Medal 30-39 Female 2km Ocean Swim – Janina C
- • Bronze Medal 30-34 years Female 2km Ocean Swim Janina C
- • Bronze Medal 55-59 Male 2km ocean swim – Ian N
- • Bronze Medal 40-49 years Female short board riding – Jodie W
- • Bronze Medal 40-49 years Female Malibu long board riding – Jodie W
- • TEAM – Bronze short board riding tag team event – Finn W, Wil D and Bruce D
- • Fourth place in finals Under 17 years Female surf board riding – Liana W
- • TEAM - Fourth place 140 years Male beach relay – Mick S, Andy P, Andy J and Steve S
- • TEAM – Fourth place reserve grade male Surf boat Coolum Bin chickens- Jack W, Benjamin T, Ashley D, Max C & Patrick making four rounds, then semis to get in the finals
- • TEAM – Fourth Place 260 Male surf boat - Ronald T, Gary B, John E, Christopher C, Patrick M
- • TEAM - Fifth place 170 years min Male board relay – Riccardo C, Ian N and Bruce D
- • Fifth place 55-59 years Male 2km beach run – Ian N
- • Fifth place 45-49 years female board race – Jodie W
- • Sixth place 30-34 years Female 2km Beach run – Janina C
- • Sixth place 40-49 years Female short board riding – Heidi D
- • Sixth place 55-59 years Male 2km Ocean Swim – Riccardo C
Click here for photos